A Press Release is simply a piece of information in the form of news released by a company with the view to inform masses about the launch of new product or service. It is a formal form of marketing communication.
The scope of press release is not limited to new product or service but also includes any event, starting up of new venture or expansion or diversification on the part of company.
Press releases always had an important role in the growth and success of a company. It is not only the medium of dissemination of information but a stepping stone to the success of business.
Earlier Press Releases were in printed format but nowadays it is an important tool in online world. All website holders give due weightage to the publicity of their website via press releases.
The news so generated is an indicator of constant upgrading of the website. Moreover, Press Release is one of the most used tools in SEO strategy. Online press releases are written with the view to publicize websites in the virtual world.
Writing an effective press release is not a child’s play. Many points are needed to be kept in mind while crafting a press release. Let’s contemplate the points of discussion for writing great press release-
· Word limit- It is always recommended that the press release should be short and crispy. It should convey the news properly. Further, it should not be more than 400 words.
· Arresting Headline- It is very important to give a compelling headline to the press release. If the title of the press release is not interesting, it will hardly get a click. The headline should convey about the story in true sense of the word. One should keep it in mind that the heading should not be suggestive of sales or direct marketing as such headings repel visitors.
· Newsworthy aspect- The press release should have a newsworthy angle. It should be written with the piece of news as its base. Only informative press releases get picked up by the visitors or media outlets. The news could be anything like launch of new product or service, a crucial study done by the company and like.
· Use subheadings- It is always better to divide the information into subheadings to give a clear picture to the readers. Writing the entire press release in one paragraph gives it a clumsy look. The sub headings give relevance and make it more descriptive.
· Keyword-rich links- Make proper use of keyword-rich links throughout the write-up. Alteast two links could be used in story be it in the body or at the end of the write-up. These links will act as backlinks and help in boosting the site’s page rank.
· Optimize Press Release- To get noticed, press release should be well-written and needs to be optimized via proper SEO techniques. Its purpose is to promote the company but it should come under the advertisement category. Press release is used for promotion in a subtle manner. It should not be considered as a sales brochure. Hence, the main headline, subheads and body should be optimized for the maximum exposure. Keyword stuffing should be avoided.
· Add contact information- Don’t forget to add your contact information like name, phone number and address for others to contact you. Also, include date and venue of the event taking place in the press release.
If these points are followed in the right manner, you can make an effective use of press release medium to spread information. For any questions or information, contact www.semseocompany.com